Training Camp Tracker: 13 August 2019

53 replies

The Chiefs only have 3 practices left in St. Joseph. Follow along with us as we track the #ChiefsCamp updates live!

Jump to comments

Yesterday, the Chiefs made the move to sign TE Manasseh Garner but broke everyone’s heart when the subsequent move was releasing hometown hero, RB Josh Caldwell. They’ll get back to work today with only 3 practices left in St. Joseph, MO.

Live Updates:

Find the AG Training Camp Updates Twitter List here.

Injury Updates:

PositionNameNotesDetails
TEDeon YelderUndisclosedHelped off field towards end of practice
DEFrank ClarkIllnessDid Not Practice
CBD'Montre WadeKnee ContusionDid Not Practice
TEJohn LovettSeparated ShoulderDid Not Practice
WRDavon GraysonSore KneeDid Not Practice
WRGehrig DieterBack SpasmsDid Not Practice
DETim WardKnee (ACL Surgery)NFI
LBDarius HarrisShoulderNFI
CBKeith ReaserConfirmed Achilles TearIR

Training Camp Schedule:

DateTimesActivies
Saturday, July 273:30 p.m.First Practice Open to the Public – $5 Admission Fee | Team Autograph Session
Sunday, July 288:15 a.m.Season Ticket Member Day | Team Autograph Session
Monday, July 298:15 a.mAutographs: Linebackers
Tuesday, July 308:15 a.mAutographs: Defensive backs
Wednesday, July 319:15 a.m.Autographs: Wide receivers & Tight ends
Friday, August 28:15 a.m.Chiefs Alumni Day | Gatorade junior camp | Team Autograph Session
Saturday, August 38:15 a.m.Family Fun Day | $5 Admission Fee | Team Autograph Session
Sunday, August 48:15 a.m.Season Ticket Member Day | Team Autograph Session
Monday, August 59:15 a.m.Autographs: Offensive line & Defensive line
Wedsday, August 78:15 a.m.Autographs: Quarterbacks, running backs & specialists
Thursday, August 88:15 a.m.Autographs: Linebackers
Saturday, August 107:00 p.m.Preseason Game 1 vs. Bengals
Monday, August 128:15 a.m.Autographs: Defensive backs
Tuesday, August 138:15 a.m.Autographs: Wide receivers & Tight ends
Wednesday, August 148:15 a.m.Autographs: Offensive line & Defensive line
Thursday, August 159:15 a.m.Military Appreciation Day | Final Camp Practice

*Training Camp Schedule provided by Chiefs Wire.

*Reminder: If you want to post a tweet in the comments, just select “Copy Link To Tweet” and paste it directly into the comment box. That’s it!

Please Login to comment
9 Comment threads
44 Thread replies
0 Followers

Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
24 Comment authors
TyroneSlayer0810SnafuMasterBlaster7WaywerdSon Recent comment authors
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
BleedingRedAndGold

Saw a tweet yesterday and the guy was going on about Thornhill being with the 1s and Sorensen with the 2s, as though it was something significant. Does it mean that Thornhill’s passed Dan on the depth chart? Maybe, but that’s not the only reason to do it. After all, they know what they have in Dan and he’s up to speed with the D well enough that some time with the 2s wouldn’t set him back, whereas they might want Juan up with the 1s to see how he develops.

I know I harp on it, but this is another example of why trying to home in on “the real reason” behind a given decision. Once you’re locked into that, you can’t see the other possibilities and it’s very difficult to get free of that conclusion. Remember last year, when people were coming unglued about 2:15PM’s camp INTs? They’d all jumped to a conclusion, and couldn’t accept Reid’s explanation about why they were happening. We now know that Reid was telling the plain truth, but back then, it was assumed to be some sort of smoke screen, or some other deception. SMFH.

BleedingRedAndGold

Also a pet peeve: What’s with saying “hone in on” when you aren’t sharpening anything? Homing missiles and pigeons lock onto their destination and head there without any need to hone anything. Are they saying it “on [some sort of] accident” or just accidentally? 😉

QuackTastic

my pet peeve is people who say “irregardless”

WaywerdSon
WaywerdSon

i hate when people that are trying to sound smart and educated pronounce the word often as ofTen. its pronounced offen.

Leaf
Leaf

I always took the expression to mean you are “sharpening your focus” on something. The English language is full of colorful phrases. Personally I don’t have a problem with them.

Snafu
Snafu

Good god, thank you for saying that! “Hone in” drives me crazy.

QuackTastic

oh the horror at the thought of setting back Dan Sorenson lol

And yea, I agree. When it comes to presenting taeks, the most probable reasoning for something (e.g., giving Thornhill the opportunity to play with the 1’s to simply see how he develops), is often not very news-worthy.

BleedingRedAndGold

Meh, I’m a latecomer, but having hopped on the “Sutton wasn’t coaching well” train”, I’m suspending judgement on all the so-called “awful” players. Coaching matters, so I’m not gonna double-dip and say that both the coaching and the player(s) is awful. That might be true, but now that the D has a new DC & staff, it’s time to pull back and see if Team Spags can train and position the players into something better. Can’t eat your cake and have it, too.

And since you’re down with linguistic pet peeves, you used one, yourself. I know that when people type “yea” they mean it to sound like “yeh”, but it’s actually old-school King James English, and is properly pronounced “yay”. Pretty sure they didn’t say “yeah verily, I say unto you”. But I could be wrong, considering that Shakespearean English sounded a lot different in pronunciation. Neat video of that on youtube, BTW. And that’s enough fun for me, got things to do. TTFN! 😉

Severely Concussed
Severely Concussed

I think that quote means Mahomes will attempt it in every game this year.

MidKan Chiefs Lifer
MidKan Chiefs Lifer

The more you say the more sense you make.

zulu trader
zulu trader

just have to watch it — incredible!

ArrowheadRed
ArrowheadRed

Anyone who doesn’t credit Hill with being good at tracking the football doesn’t know the game.

zulu trader
zulu trader

Showtime Nod GIF by Desus & Mero - Find & Share on GIPHY

BleedingRedAndGold

Who’s saying that? Guy’s eyes are next-level.

MasterBlaster7
MasterBlaster7

Not only that…hill can shift direction on a dime and jump 10 ft in the air to catch it.

QuackTastic

If Thornhill isn’t a day one starter at safety, surely he could be used at corner, no? He should be on the field for 80-90% of the snaps. Plus Watts should be able to hold down the fort if needed at safety. He seems like he’s got some nice potential. That seems like a reasonable contigency plan if one of our corners goes down.

Tony Sommer

We should trade Demarcus Robinson for a CB. I like the guy, but with Hardman doing well and our need for more CB’s we don’t really need him and could get a decent CB in return.

QuackTastic

If someone’s willing to trade us a CB2 or 3 quality guy for him, then yeah most definitely. But I don’t have much faith that will happen. I don’t want to trade him for another teams D’montre Wade.

His value to the chief’s offense this season is probably > than the value someone would be willing to trade us for him. I would take a 3rd or maybe a 4th, and definitely a CB2 or 3. But the best I see us getting is a 5th, which doesn’t really seem worth it. I do think he’ll get paid though after this season like Albert Wilson did. His stock just isn’t at that level yet.

Tony Sommer

I think we could get somebody that’s at least at Ward’s level.

I actually forgot we signed Claiborne, so we’re not quite as desperate for depth as we were before. But even if we had to package a pick with him to get a better CB3 or CB2 I think that’d be worth doing.

QuackTastic

Yea, him and Hardman at WR 3&4 is a bit of a luxury when you’ve also got a pretty solid WR 5&6.
I do like his chemistry though with Mahomes and I feel like we’re about to see it come to fruition this year. And the homer in me wants to see it happen.

tsv0728
tsv0728

I don’t disagree with you on DRob, I’m just not sure they can afford that luxury if it can shore up another position. It sounds like Breeland is playing well, and Fuller should be fine, but we could really use another #3/4 corner. We’ve got Ward and eventually Clairborne. Either of which could be fine, or a huge liability. An injury in the top two, then what? It is always hard to say how the league value’s a particular lower level WR though. Who could have predicted Wilson getting 14.5m gtd??

StramtoReid
StramtoReid

I’m willing to be a Dayton Moore and put everyone up for trade bait, except for PM#15. If you can give me a good return on DRob, I’ll trade him. I’ll even trade CJ for two 1st round picks.

We have to keep in mind there is going to be
minor injuries with the WR from an ankle sprain to hamstrings so you can never have enough depth at the WR position

HawaiiFiveOh
HawaiiFiveOh

I wouldn’t touch the O-Line. They finally started working right. Don’t touch it.

StramtoReid
StramtoReid

I don’t know if anybody on the O-line has any good trade value. Schwartz is the best RT in the game, I’m not sure you would get a 1st round pick for him, because of his age. I could be wrong because some of these 1st round picks don’t get a 5th year option.

I don’t think the Chiefs mess with the O-line, but in around 3 years we need a replacement at one or both OT.

MidKan Chiefs Lifer
MidKan Chiefs Lifer

The o line working well together even when they were playing musical chairs last year due to injuries is very much because of Mahomes pocket awareness.

Slayer0810
Slayer0810

^ This is key. I don’t know that the line is really much better than it was a few years ago during the AS11 era, but the QB behind them certainly is much better. It makes a huge difference to have a guy who can make things happen even when the play design and the pocket break down.

Tony Sommer

In theory I’d be willing to trade Mahomes as well. Give me every valuable player you have plus your next 30 drafts and you have a deal. But realistically Mahomes is the most untradeable player in the NFL.

QuackTastic

I’d trade my first born son before I’d trade Mahomes.
Not really. But I would trade someone else’s.

zulu trader
zulu trader

Sad Baby GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

tsv0728
tsv0728

I’m playing through my first Madden season and JUST missed the trade deadline to try to get some value for Robinson. Mecole and name that guy can completely replace him, and he has a bit of value (in real life, not sure about Madden yet). On another note, Madden HATES our OL. I think that might just be compensating for how OP Mahomes/Reek are though.

Leaf
Leaf

I loved playing GM in Madden, but it is ridiculously inaccurate.

Slayer0810
Slayer0810

I just hate that you don’t get to negotiate new contracts in Madden with your players before the very last year of their old deal. Like, why wouldn’t I want to lock up Mahomes to a massive deal ASAP?

Leaf
Leaf

That and there’s no real negotiation. The AI picks what they think they are worth and there’s no way to make it anything other than that.

Tyrone
Tyrone

So you’d be happy with Hill, Hardman, and Kemp (?) as your Ears for half the games this season?

tsv0728
tsv0728

Yes, if you can get a #3/4 CB in return for DRob. Though I’d like to think it’s 1/4 of the games.

01lowbird

Breeland Speaks having a day?
Don’t log on to twitter Anthony.

dragon6172
dragon6172

Stripped? Sounds like a DV eh Brooke?

John Jay
John Jay

Can we institute a rule banning Brooke Pryor tweets in the comments? It’s bad enough we have to see them in the feeds.

Slayer0810
Slayer0810

She who will not be named?

NHChiefsfan
NHChiefsfan

Who is the guy past Mahomes wearing the giant AG hat?

Tony 3.

CHIEFSandSABRES

Gehrig Dieter today is the day man!

comment image

HawaiiFiveOh
HawaiiFiveOh

comment image

QuackTastic

Laughs are cheap. I’m going for gasps.

HawaiiFiveOh
HawaiiFiveOh

comment image

CHIEFSandSABRES

I’m thinking Caldwell has a chance to catch on elsewhere and contribute.

Spider
Spider

I wouldn’t be disappointed to see him come back via the PS. I figure his cut was either to give him a chance to catch on elsewhere or to sneak him onto the PS.