Training Camp Tracker: 12 August 2019

118 replies

Today is the start of the last week at #ChiefsCamp in St. Joseph. They’ll be working on things identified from their game against the Bengals and also taking a closer look at players that may have flashed during the game.

Jump to comments

Coming off a win against the Bengals, the Chiefs will get back to work this morning to help improve on areas that the coaches have identified. There are only 4 more practices in St. Joe (Monday-Thursday this week) so if you haven’t made it out, now’s your time!

Live Updates:

Find the AG Training Camp Updates Twitter List here.

Injury Updates:

PositionNameNotesDetails
TEDeon YelderUndisclosedHelped off field towards end of practice
DEFrank ClarkIllnessDid Not Practice
CBD'Montre WadeKnee ContusionDid Not Practice
TEJohn LovettSeparated ShoulderDid Not Practice
WRDavon GraysonSore KneeDid Not Practice
WRGehrig DieterBack SpasmsDid Not Practice
DETim WardKnee (ACL Surgery)NFI
LBDarius HarrisShoulderNFI
CBKeith ReaserConfirmed Achilles TearIR

Training Camp Schedule:

DateTimesActivies
Saturday, July 273:30 p.m.First Practice Open to the Public – $5 Admission Fee | Team Autograph Session
Sunday, July 288:15 a.m.Season Ticket Member Day | Team Autograph Session
Monday, July 298:15 a.mAutographs: Linebackers
Tuesday, July 308:15 a.mAutographs: Defensive backs
Wednesday, July 319:15 a.m.Autographs: Wide receivers & Tight ends
Friday, August 28:15 a.m.Chiefs Alumni Day | Gatorade junior camp | Team Autograph Session
Saturday, August 38:15 a.m.Family Fun Day | $5 Admission Fee | Team Autograph Session
Sunday, August 48:15 a.m.Season Ticket Member Day | Team Autograph Session
Monday, August 59:15 a.m.Autographs: Offensive line & Defensive line
Wedsday, August 78:15 a.m.Autographs: Quarterbacks, running backs & specialists
Thursday, August 88:15 a.m.Autographs: Linebackers
Saturday, August 107:00 p.m.Preseason Game 1 vs. Bengals
Monday, August 128:15 a.m.Autographs: Defensive backs
Tuesday, August 138:15 a.m.Autographs: Wide receivers & Tight ends
Wednesday, August 148:15 a.m.Autographs: Offensive line & Defensive line
Thursday, August 159:15 a.m.Military Appreciation Day | Final Camp Practice

*Training Camp Schedule provided by Chiefs Wire.

*Reminder: If you want to post a tweet in the comments, just select “Copy Link To Tweet” and paste it directly into the comment box. That’s it!

118

Please Login to comment
52 Comment threads
66 Thread replies
0 Followers

Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
31 Comment authors
Petey MussoliniZ00keeperupamtnTyronelegal_kush Recent comment authors
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
upamtn

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, we gots us a shiny new TE

StramtoReid
StramtoReid

I see the AG is kissing Bret Veach ass today. I might be puckering up to kiss his ass, but I’m going to hold off until I see a little better competition than the Bengals.

I don’t know if the Juan was a smart pick by Veach, or lucky pick by Veach. It seems like the teams in the late 1st and early 2nd were dumb not to draft him earlier.

I believe this draft seems a lot better than last year, and Veach is amazing at evaluating UDFA, but if we release Watkins next year, was it a smart FA pickup? Was Hitch a smart FA pick up? Does Clark help the defense? There still a lot of questions that need to be answered.

I will say this, Veach is trying to win a Super Bowl, and I don’t recall the morale of the team being so high. I’m just as excited as all of you, I still have a wait and see attitude.

QuackTastic
QuackTastic

I think Watkins has been a smart pick up for us. Helped to jumpstart Patrick’s greatness.
Hitch, I’ll give him this year in the new system to prove himself, but so far has not been a smart pick up.
I think Clark helps the defense immediately, but would rather have drafted a corner in the first and had enough coin to pay Hill and Jones. Not crazy about the pick up but I do like how that move makes us more ready to win now.

legal_kush
legal_kush

1. Why the fuck would you release Watkins when he gets relatively cheap, and
b. if other teams were dumb to pass on Juan, does that mean Veach didn’t reach?

Tyrone

I don’t quite get the, cut Sammy Watkins after this year theory.

If he plays out his whole contract, it will have been at an average of 16 mil/year over 3 years. If he’s cut it will be an average of 17 mil/year over 2 years.

If he’s cut after this year, we will save 14 million on the cap. If you can replace him for less than $14 million (he would have averaged $17 million the previous 2 seasons including his 2020 dead cap hit), then why did you even sign him in the first place?

sydenham

Good start with a pre-season win. Soaking up the reports and comments here on AG. Next game up.

CHIEFSandSABRES

Yep excited to see how the young players do with traveling to Pittsburgh. Always nice to start off at home though.

Z00keeper
Z00keeper

I’d like to see more of the 1st string D. They only got 2 snaps against the Bungles.

SCKSChief
SCKSChief

So…Davis and Thompson making this team and bumping Dieter and Kemp?

MidKan Chiefs Lifer
MidKan Chiefs Lifer

Thompson and Deiter, unless he cant get his ass back on the field sometime this week

Z00keeper
Z00keeper

I’d think they’d keep Kemp. They like him on ST and supposedly he’s had a good camp.

jmgunn0124
jmgunn0124

Not sure how Wade got a knee contusion by head butting a player. Impressive. Tod Palmer called it “knee confusion”. Sounds like a career ender to me. Damn knees don’t work right, trying to take him in different directions and shit

zulu trader

Jordan Lucas with a special teams play! Man, we got depth

I say shout out to BVeatch

Leaf
Leaf

That was one fault of St John’s. All top heavy with virtually no depth. Still not saying BV is perfect, or even just a great GM, but it is nice to see him appear to have fixed one of our major issues over the last few years.

Leaf

Tony Sommer

I have to say, your guys relationship is one of my favorite things about the AG comment section.

zulu trader

shut up, Tony. Go figure out a math problem, or something.

zulu trader

Hey Leaf, what’s your address? I want to send someone over to your house

Angry Girl Fight GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Leaf
Leaf

Im in Moore, OK.

comment image

it’s only a Girl — you don’t need Bruce ‘fuckin’ Lee

or does your sorry bitch-ass need Bruce ‘fuckin’ Lee?
I’ll go ahead and say that since your in Oklahoma

of course, knowing you’re from Oklahoma, that would explain a lot of things

Leaf
Leaf

I’m not from Oklahoma, only stuck here at the moment. And Bruce isn’t preparing to fight. He’s preparing to give that girl the time of her life.

Donald Duck Laughing GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Tyrone

Can someone fill me in on this Leaf/zulu relationship?

I can’t tell if it’s good or bad natured.

zulu trader

if you can’t tell, Tyrone, you need to relinquish your big-boy pants

Spider
Spider

Hey, I used to live there too! Hashtag almost Norman.

Stuckinpackland
Stuckinpackland

I’m just a reach away, shoulda looked u up when I was going to riverwind on Saturday

tsv0728
tsv0728

These girls better calm down or Kareem is gonna regulate they ass.

zulu trader

I should NOT have mentioned him

Tony Sommer

16-0 baby!

The Juan Thornhill pick will cause Tony to re-think BVeatch abilities

doesn’t seem like the Hardman pick is all that bad, either

for someone without a first round pick, he did pretty good!

ArrowheadRed
ArrowheadRed

Hating on Brett Veach is like telling your kid he should’ve made 100 on the test instead of a 98. Chiefs have a better Win % under Veach than any GM in their history.

1wombat
1wombat

Just so happens he’s had Mahomes for his whole history.

Leaf
Leaf

Technically he had Alex in his “first” year

Mahomesisgreat
Mahomesisgreat

I love Veach! Great depth this year at RB and tight end. I think he is doing some good things.

alsi2
alsi2

Thinking about Thornhill keeping up with Hill per another comment I just read, and then this comment about Hardman getting the deep TD makes me think there may be teams with one defender who can keep up with Hill, but now with Hardman, teams bascially need two defenders that can keep up with both of these burners. Are there teams that have two safeties with this kind of speed? If not, if we send them both deep, opponents either give up the quick TD or they have to go to a Hail Mary defense and leave another part of the field wide open. This is gonna be fun to watch.

CHIEFSandSABRES